Old December 16th 03, 05:26 PM
Del Rawlins

On 15 Dec 2003 05:49 AM, Model Flyer posted the following:

No, I don't have my medical. I'm not a pilot (yet). This project is a
very
long term item with me. If I actually get started with a couple years
from
now, I'll be happy. I currently have no place to build. I'll be
getting my
license sometime with a couple years from now. I'm only 33 years old
yet,
and have young kids, so I have plenty of time on my side.

Lyle,

only 33 with kids, while their young hurry and get your license,
don't wait, you don't have as long as you think. I started about the
same age, now I'm 54 and I still don't have my license, not because I
could not, only because I didn't get on with it.

That is a good point. I turn 30 in a few months and have been working,
more or less, on the Bearhawk since I was 24. I got married about 3
years ago (no kids yet), but the one thing that I absolutely made sure
that I got done first was to get my private pilot certificate. Now, I
don't fly much and there isn't much time in my logbook, but it is a
whole lot easier to start back flying once you have your ticket, than it
is to get back to work on that ticket. Getting your license requires a
consistent, sustained effort so it will take some prior planning to make
it happen. The more often, and more consistently you can fly the faster
you will finish. No offense to Model Flyer because I don't know his
situation, but if you make a half-assed effort at it without adequate
planning you will never finish. As it was, I had enough trouble with
weather that it took longer and cost more than I had planned.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/