Old November 29th 03, 01:52 AM
Larry

Having said that, HM1 X could have been "entirely competent" at that
level, but still "lacking critical leadership skills necessary to
advance to Chief Petty Officer".

Well put Dave. I agree. Or maybe it was something beyond his control.

I had LPO's working for me that were more than ready for Chief, but were
"victims of the rate". Just not enough billets to promote them all. All I
could tell them was "hang in there, keep up the great job and your time will
come".

Larry
AECS (AW/SW/MTS)
Disabled Combat Veteran
USN Retired

20 years of Navy in my rear view mirror
and getting further away every day ;-)

"Dave in San Diego" wrote in message
Michael Wise wrote in
:

In article ,
(UUMe) wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...98881&category
=36068

Four idiot stripes and still an E-6. How many watches did you fall
asleep on?

--Mike

Begging your pardon, SIR...

A sixteen year corpsman in today's Navy is not unusual, as it wasn't when
I retired some years ago. Not everyone can make Chief, and in the current
competitive environment, it's not what you know, it's who gets the best
suck-up points. When the eval system becomes objective, and the brass who
write and approve them become competent, then maybe the promotion system
will work like it's supposed to.

Having said that, HM1 X could have been "entirely competent" at that
level, but still "lacking critical leadership skills mnecessary to
advance to Chief Petty Officer".

Not all you folks make Captain; not all of us make Chief.

Dave Bowles
AT1 USN Ret
quoted from my own evals
--
-
"For once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes