Old July 27th 03, 09:41 PM
Mary Shafer

On 27 Jul 2003 03:02:31 GMT, (ArtKramr) wrote:

My greatest fear was that the war would end before I got there. It didn't.

That happened to a friend of mine. He stayed in the USAAF/USAF as a
bomber pilot, became a test pilot (B-57, XB-70), retired as a Colonel,
came to Dryden as a research test pilot (XB-70, NB-52B, 747 SCA,
YF-12), retired from Dryden, flew a little longer as a private test
pilot, and finally retired. Never dropped a bomb in anger while he
was in the military.

Mary

"A MiG at your six is better than no MiG at all."
Anonymous US fighter pilot