Old August 18th 15, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring ?

Hello jfitch...I would assume the reason for the decline in GA is the economy downturn worldwide over the last 10 years..but by the same token, Soaring should have increased as GA power pilots looked for another avenue...but who knows.....I have talked to several persons about the economy of soaring, and they have all been surprised at the much lower cost of a soaring club....commercial soaring operations are too expensive for many of us...but look to a club and air-time is very reasonable...

Willis Sutherland
TBSS Member
Florida