Old July 22nd 03, 07:15 AM
C J Campbell

"BTIZ" wrote in message
news:g03Ta.12456$Je.2196@fed1read04...
| and that's why tail dragger pilots have "happy feet"..
|
| never heard of a nose wheel aircraft "ground looping", the CG location
| relative to the main gear kinda help keep it straight..

One of the most common accidents in the Cessna 172 RG Cutlass is the ground
loop.

I have seen a Cessna 152 after it ground looped -- tore the nose gear off
and bent one of the mains. We called it the Cessna 152 RG.

I also saw a Cessna 172 SP that was struck by a Cessna 172 N that ground
looped.

I have heard of Mooneys ground looping, but never seen one.