Old September 4th 07, 05:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Default ID this plane if you can......

Well Done!!!

I was doing some reading on line about the hurricanes that hit the gulf not
so long ago and one of the images was a before and after of a hangar!!!
Which is obviously where and I remembered seeing the Corsair in VMA 212
markings!

Many thanks indeed, because I have been driving myself crazy trying to
remember where!

Andrew

"John Szalay" wrote in message
42...
"Andrew-S" I-Still-Hate-Spammers@Sorry-I had-to-leave-for-bit.com
wrote in :

Even more frustrating for me is that I have a very hazy memory of a
Korean War vintage restored Corsair in the markings VMA 212. Okay
boys and girls get the electrodes out it's time for my electro shock
treatment to jump start my mental hard drive.

Damn this is very frustrating because the more I think about it this
aircraft, the more I am sure that I have seen it in one piece, but
where?

Andrew

From the corrosion showing at the lower part of the inner fuselage
I would vertune to say she sat exposed to rain for a long time.
lots of pooling water..
as well as the rust apparent on the propellor shaft splines.