Old June 28th 08, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

Default First flight in our "new" Ercoupe...

"Jay Honeck" wrote

The carb is wired to full rich (there's an STC'd mod to add a mixture
control, but -- at $900 -- we've decided to wait on that one), so no dice
there.

If you have to put that nasty lead gas in it, will it have a problem loading
up the plugs on a long idle taxi?

Our estimate is that we should be able to rent the plane to our kids for
just FOURTEEN DOLLARS AN HOUR, dry!

Wow!

That include the cost of buying the plane, engine reserve, insurance,
annuals and repairs, and hangar?

And what about that "head out the top" problem? Having a partner who is a
grand champion homebuilder is a real plus. Within two hours Keith had
built a modified bucket seat for me that lowers me a full two inches, and
pushes me back a full two inches -- giving me all the headroom I might
need. Now I can keep my head in the plane, with our without headphones...

I thought you were going to say that you built a homebrew headset from some
in the ear plugs and an old microphone from an old headset. That has been
done, and that would be my firs choice, I think.

Now, we're gonna have to arm wrestle to see who gets to fly it to Oshkosh
this year!

Are you kidding? You going to pull a trailer with the 'coupe, with all of
your camping gear in it? g
--
Jim in NC