Old October 9th 04, 03:57 AM
Doug

Well, I have heard from people SAY that they go faster with the prop
pulled back a bit. My experience is limited to the Husky (for constant
speeds). I've flown other CS prop planes, but not enough to have done
speed tests.

As for smoother, my engine runs smoothest at about 2450 rpm. Anywhere
else is more vibration. So there you go. You can choose the smoothest
rpm.

Newps wrote in message ...
Doug wrote:

With my Husky, I go fastest with the prop full forward. I am not sure
if this is true with all small GA aircraft with Constant speed prop.

Of course it is. Set whatever rpm you want. Add in some more rpm and
you will go faster.

The Husky has essentially the same prop/engine config as the Lycoming
0-360 Mooneys.
What the CS prop gives me is a smoother ride, better fuel economy and
another knob to turn.

Smoother ride? Never heard that one before.