Old December 3rd 04, 11:53 PM
G.R. Patterson III

"Henry A. Spellman" wrote:

My brother said, "Yes. I want to buy this automobile. How much is it?"

The salesman replied, "It is really expensive, and the upkeep is quite
high, too. But we have some really clean one owner used car out on the
lot. I would be happy to show them to you."

My brother said, "No. I want to buy this car. How much is it?"

The salesman again went through the nice clean used car bit.

Back about 1979, Dodge came out with a pint-sized pickup truck. I used to pass
one of the dealerships on my way home every day, so one day I stopped in. There
was no price sticker in the window -- I found out later that these were not
required on trucks at the time.

So I found a salesman who was heading across the lot and asked him how much it
was.

He said "That all depends on what you trade in."

I said "I'm not going to trade anything in. How much is it?"

He said "That depends on what you trade in."

After another iteration of that, I gave up. It was nearly 25 years before I set
foot in a Dodge dealership again. The next time I did, I was treated to a
lecture on why I would never find a truck for sale with a standard transmission.

I don't see any reason to set foot in another Dodge dealership again.

Ya know, I never saw one of those little pickups on the road. I wonder why?

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to have
been looking for it.