View Single Post
Old September 9th 16, 05:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default Dust Devil Dash - September 10

Here's my announcement of a Dropbox Weather Board today for the DDD:

OK, guys... !

It's looking really good, perhaps outstanding for this late in the season. I've posted a Dropbox Weather Board at:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8r23khynu...a965P2W9a?dl=0

In here you will find a folder containing forecasts all targeted at around 21Z - 2pm PDT or thereabouts Saturday 09/10/2016. Each folder contains what the forecasts were saying on those days... Thur, Fri and Saturday.

Notice that there are snapshots of XCSkies, DrJack and TopMeteo. XCSkies shows it most clearly. The best route is north up the Sierras into Northeastern California and perhaps... into SE Oregon. That route shows the best cu markers... 17-18k mst at the best in the Central Sierra. Another possible route is to cross over to the Inyos or Whites and then turn ENE into Central NV. But, this path is not favored... because of the lack of cu cloud coverage.

You can look at model soundings in that folder for several sites. I've added KRNO (Reno), Alturas (KAAT), and Susanville (KSVE). A reminder... BDG is Bridgeport... an excellent thermal profile!

Stay tuned .. Friday morning, I'll update the graphics and model forecasts.

Plans are to prepare most of the briefing early Saturday morning from my home in Palmdale... then drive my trailer to Inyokern where JS and I will fly our mini-Safari O&R to Minden over two days.

I will deliver a remote phone briefing to the Raven's Nest at MVA Saturday morning.

Walt Rogers WX