Old September 13th 03, 06:28 AM
Allan Meuli

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:eDs8b.426563$o%2.193359@sccrnsc02...
I'm on a roll now -- so here's a new page of pix Mary and I took at the
National Air Tour stop yesterday, in Anoka, MN.

If you like old planes, find the nearest place the tour is stopping, and

get
thee to it!

I made it there Wednesday, probably at about 1:00. Had to boggie at about
5:00 to go home and get some work done, although it would have been worth it
to hit the pig roast & dance instead! I may have actually tracked you down,
Jay.

It looks like you were the first to fly in during the day, because your
plane was the only one sitting on the infield at the beginning. I did not
know it was yours until later on when I noticed the tail number. I would
have started looking around for you sooner had I known better. I had a
Wipaire t-shirt on, and was standing in front of where the Sikorsky S-38
(piloted by the man who gave me my check ride!) parked.

In addition to the Sikorsky, another real treat for me was seeing the
Bellanca Skyrocket, Miss Veedol. In I had seen the plane under
construction in March, 2001. The guy that showed me the project turned out
to be one of the pilots flying it in to ANE on Wednesday. It was good to
see him again, and truely wonderful to see the project completed. They are
actually planning to re-create the Pangborn/Herndon flight from Japan to
Wenatchee (dropped landing gear & all).... There is more info at
http://www.spiritofwenatchee.org.