Old October 29th 04, 04:56 AM
Jay Honeck

Has anyone had any experience with the 'skylight' brand of wing lighting?
have never heard of it until today when I saw it in a flyer for Cherokee
Pilots
Assoc. I have been looking at wingtip lighting... but it's pricey. The
skylight lighting is mounted into the leading edge, rather than the
wingtips
and is about half the cost of the wingtip set up. Thanks.

They are a popular option for Cherokee Six, Pathfinder and Dakota drivers,
cuz our wing-tip gas tanks preclude the installation of the more common
wingtip landing lights.

I've been eying them longingly for the last couple of years, but have never
actually spoken with anyone who has them installed. The guy who makes them
is apparently very "old school," and he has neither email nor a website.

But the price is sure right. I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who
has experience with them, too.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA