Old November 5th 04, 11:33 AM
Vaughn

"David Herman" wrote in message
news:1099632107.731145@yasure...

So I googled "Yaesu Aviator Pro II VX-120 NiMH battery" and found a place on
the web selling a battery pack for this model radio
(http://www.batteriesamerica.com/newpage71.htm). They claim it's a NiMH
battery that should work in an NC-76B charger, which is the original Yaesu
charger I've been using with my Nicad battery pack.

You have found (IMO) the best source for handheld batteries. I have found
in the past that NIMH batteries work just fine with Yaesu chargers. I happened
to be on their site yesterday and they also sell "inserts" that can be installed
in the old battery packs to save a few bucks. For my old Yaesu, they had both
the NICAD insert and NIMH inserts. I bought the NIMH.

Vaughn