Old May 25th 06, 07:31 AM
Christopher Christopher is offline
Junior Member

I have 30 years experience working with many different types of antennas from 100 KHz through 20 GHz and can answer some questions for you.

If you have a rag and tube aircraft, you can actually couple to the tubing in the frame and use it as a radiator itself but with a fuel tank and instruments in the airframe you could get cross coupling that you might not want. Yet, I believe it might be possible to couple to the tubing in the vertical stabilizer which should be far enough away to be far less coupling than you would have with a standard whip antenna mounted over the cockpit.

If you have antenna questions I'd be happy to give you my opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Christley
I've been going over my Delta, trying to find a way to hide the
antennaes in what is basically a rag and tube aircraft. (some of the
rags are soaked in epoxy, and some of the tubes ain't round...but,
anyway) I was beginning to think it wasn't possible when I happened
across this guys website:

http://contrails.free.fr/instruments_ant_sonex.php

Looks like it has possibilities. Has anyone ever tried this.

--
This is by far the hardest lesson about freedom. It goes against
instinct, and morality, to just sit back and watch people make

Last edited by Christopher : May 25th 06 at 07:57 AM.