Old May 26th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Pitot tube for the antennae

Christopher wrote:
I have 30 years experience working with many different types of antennas
from 100 KHz through 20 GHz and can answer some questions for you.

If you have a rag and tube aircraft, you can actually couple to the
tubing in the frame and use it as a radiator itself but with a fuel
tank and instruments in the airframe you could get cross coupling that
you might not want. Yet, I believe it might be possible to couple to
the tubing in the vertical stabilizer which should be far enough away
to be far less coupling than you would have with a standard whip
antenna mounted over the cockpit.

The fuselage is one humungous welded cage. If you used it for a
radiator, what would you use for a ground plane? Don't you need a
ground plane?

--
This is by far the hardest lesson about freedom. It goes against
instinct, and morality, to just sit back and watch people make