Old April 17th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gliderguynj

Default Should I be scared -- C172 over Gross

So how is the conversation going to go?...Listen, I've never flown
with passengers in the back before. The plane is also over the legal
limit, but I think the numbers aren't too bad. Unless of course you
really aren't the 200lb you claim and are more like 225lbs.... and
the luggage is heavier than we think. Maybe I should use a scale and
actually see what the weight being put in the plane really
is....Nah,,,,but anyway, I posted it online, and everyone said we
should be OK because those funny engineers put in a fudge factor, so
the numbers listed don't really need to be followed.....

It's not like Burt Rutan is flying his buddies to the Hilton Ranch...

With all due respect to the original poster, I'd really reconsider
this outing as planned....