Old June 22nd 12, 04:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default AR 4201 low volume on receiving side

On 6/21/2012 4:34 PM, T wrote:
On Jun 20, 6:20 pm, Bill D wrote:
On Jun 20, 6:46 pm, T wrote:

You raise your voice naturally because you are in a noisy
environment. AFAIK, all 'airplanes' are powered.

Really? With proper hearing protection, ear plugs and flying helmets,
my ears and mouth do not know I'm in a noisy environment. With 15+ hr
missions, I've never come back with a soar throat from raising my
voice.

And the sidetone is adjusted so you hear your voice in the headphones at
a decent level, which keeps you from shouting.

email me)