Old November 12th 12, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ADS-B out with a non TSO'd 1201 GPS sensor?

How does a FAA radar confirm if a non TSO'd GPS is connected to a mode S, ADS-B out transponder?

Wonder if we'll soon see a transponder, ELT,or perhaps PowerFLARM offer an option to include a TSO'd 1201 WAAS/GPS sensor board?

OK, so the transponder costs $2,300 and a TSO'd 1201 WAAS/GPS sensor adds another $3,000$7,000. That warm and fuzzy feeling rushes over me knowing the FAA is looking out for the aviation hobbyist.

Lets count...ELT, PowerFLARM, CNV, CN MFD, Butterfly vario, PNA, SPOT, cellphone...8 GPS devices. The FAA must be looking for an ice cube because any or all above could probably have saved the Titanic from that iceberg.

Remember...whoever dies with the most computers and GPS devices wins.