Old November 14th 12, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default ADS-B out with a non TSO'd 1201 GPS sensor?

On Nov 13, 7:54*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:
It sounds like you are talking about an older DO260a (the RTCA spec that defines 1090ES data-out) version of a Trig transponder or at least the documentation that came with one. If you are playing with ADS-B data-out with a Trig transponder, even if you are using a non-compliant NMEA GPS source, you probalby want to get the current DO260b firmware and setup instructions from the factory (no longer included in the manual).

Although I downloaded the installation manual, rather than using a
version I had on file, it seems I still used an out of date version.

The current version, which is available at
http://www.trig-avionics.com/library...0560-00-AK.pdf, does not
include the previously quoted text.

Thanks for the correction.

Andy