Old December 12th 03, 04:31 PM
Del Rawlins

On 12 Dec 2003 05:07 AM, AlwaysLearning posted the following:
I forgot to mention one thing. I'm not really keen on a tail dragger.
The bearhawk also looks a bit compact. I'm a bigger tall sort of guy
and like my elbow room. I was hoping for some more room in the back
for a 4 place craft. Lyle

I don't think you're going to find a larger project than the Bearhawk.
It is relatively HUGE, especially in back, compared to just about
everything else.

As far as not liking a taildragger, any reason why you couldn't put
nosegear on it? Find a nosegear off a Cessna 182 and figure a way to
get it to fit, or maybe the nosegear off a Tri-Pacer, though engine
interference will be "interesting", unless you go with an O-320.

People who have flown them say that as far as taildraggers go, the
Bearhawk's handling is pretty tame. As far as the cargo space goes, try
to find somebody who is building one that will let you look at their
project. The pictures just don't do it justice. Reserve your opinion
until you see the actual fuselage. I'd had my plans for 3-4 years and
it was still a real awakening when I got to see a fellow builder's
fuselage for the first time.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/