Old March 19th 10, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Alexander

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

Paul J. Adam wrote:
In message
, Ken
S. Tucker writes
On Mar 18, 12:36 am, "William Black"
wrote:
Aren't we forgetting someone?
This being a naval group and all...

The RN was pretty much useless, recall Pearl Harbor,

Ships sunk in port on a Sunday. Relates to ships at night, mixed in with
your invasion force, how?
suppose the
Nazi's
float a bunch of cheap boats, the RN responds and the Luftwaff
would've put
a lot of iron in the channel.

At night?

The Luftwaffe was pretty poor at sinking ships in 1940. They got four of
forty destroyers at Dunkirk over days, when they were stopped to take on
troops: here they have to sink forty destroyers very fast, at night,
while they're making thirty knots.

Curiously, the RN kept attacking the invasion ports, and the Luftwaffe
couldn't stop them.

Barges are ultra cheap, especially when they're empty.

Yet the Germans didn't have enough, even before they started losing them
to bombing and shelling.

Oh yes, and assuming they do land. How on earth do they get over the
Military Canal in a night?

40 miles = 8 x 5, how long is a night?
(please don't tell me I need to prove math).

So, what, they're swimming? No armour, no artillery, no vehicles, no
supplies beyond what they can swim across with?

Going to make the rest of their invasion of Britain interesting...

Bottom line is that the Germans would have figured a very effective way
if that had been their goal. Face it.. You people started 2 wars against
Germany, which if we had not interfered would have kicked your asses
bloody. For Christs sake, learn your lesson and don't start any more
damned wars. Same goes for us.