Old April 19th 16, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

Default Flight review required?

On Friday, April 15, 2016 at 10:10:00 PM UTC-4, N97MT wrote:
The whole Flight Review bit is weird anyway because a strictly CFI-G, who has no knowledge multi-engine Airplanes, could sign you off in your Glider Flight Review, and you could then immediately legally climb into a King Air and fly away, even though you have not touched one in 50 years. Of course we assume here you are already rated in both category and class of the respective aircraft (Glider and AMEL).

This has always been true.

The flight review is a review for your *certificate*, not of your ratings:

61.56(a)(2) A review of those maneuvers and procedures that, at the discretion of the person giving the review, are necessary for the pilot to demonstrate the safe exercise of the privileges of the pilot certificate.

BTW, I am one of those people who solo'd gliders with a Commercial certificate and no flight review before passing the checkride.

--bob