Old March 18th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Landing Light....Report

With the light output and low current drain, you must love it? Did you
make it yourself or are they sold for this?

B A R R Y wrote:
On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 20:04:57 -0500, The Visitor
wrote:

Anybody who is thinking about getting the hid's go ahead, they are
incredible!

I can't find anyone who's ever _used_ HID lighting for much of
anything that can honestly say they aren't fantastic.

I've been using an HID strapped to my head while night mountain biking
for years, after riding with incandescent's for years. No really, no
kidding, people really do ride trails at night. G The woods are
typically very dark at night! The HID's really make obstacles in
rough terrain stand out. To make them any clearer would require
painting them fluorescent colors.

The only downsides I've ever seen to them is cost, and when the other
guy has them on country roads.