Old July 17th 04, 03:06 AM
Eric Greenwell

Marc Ramsey wrote:

Having been personally acquainted over the years with two usually
careful pilots who made their last flights in Schleicher gliders with
the elevator disconnected, I'd definitely opt for a B or C...

I know 6 ASW 20 pilots that survived launches with the elevator
disconnected (though the glider often did not), so "I approve Marc's
message". I had a C model for 11 years. I would never have a glider
without automatic elevator hookup, because I am very much aware of my
limitations.

Unless money is a compelling problem, I would not ever suggest an ASW 20
other than the B/C models.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA