Old February 21st 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Narrowing it down... Comanche?

Margy wrote:
Montblack wrote:
("Maule Driver" wrote)

We moved down from CT and built a Deck house and hangar about 8 years
ago at Lake Ridge Aeropark over in Durham. We love it.

What is a Deck house?

Montblack

Hmm, might only be the dwell houses that are more prefab. I've looked
at the dwell before, but not the deck.

The prototype dwell house was built near me. It was open for a tour a
year or so ago, total mob scene, all the Chapel Hill hipsters came, and
the house wasn't even finished after over a year of work (and it's
modular!) and, well, its industrial style wasn't for me.

The house was supposedly designed to make good design affordable to
more people -- but the designers got too caught up in the hype, and
they recently put it on the market for $650,000. (they took the price
off the webpage, but you can find it easily by googling)
http://wieler.com/wielerhouse/

Deck houses are great, the model used to be near me in Cary, NC (now
it's a doctor's office).

Another type to consider if you're into that, is Lindal Cedar homes.
My house is based on a Lindal design.