Old August 3rd 19, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

Default HPh304s (Fes) owners

On Friday, August 2, 2019 at 1:46:49 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hi,

Any HPH304s owners (with Fes would be excellent) out there willing to share their experience with that bird?

Not much interested in performance , more comfort, easy of handling and suitability for low time pilot.

Post sales service etc.

I will much appreciate it.

Yours,

Slawek

I owed a 304CZ. #6 new from the factory.

After leaving my Libelle 201B to the 304CZ...

Trailing dive brakes are fantastic. They are genius! You can put this bird into any field, and short. Fantastic circuit control in the pattern. Quality and room in the cockpit were very good. I'm 6'-0" and had to take my shoes off to be comfortable in the Libelle, but the 304CZ had plenty of room. I liked the flap handle position better than my 27. If I recall, it matched the Ventus configuration. It looks like in that era, everyone was copying the others design!

Moved on to the ASW27. A generation apart so you can't expect it to perform like the 27.
It was somewhere in the 41/42 L/D range.

You can't go wrong with a Glasflugal design... If I ever sold my ASW27, I would go back to my favorite bird, the Libelle 201b!

Don't know if this helps because you're asking about the shark... I would assume the cockpit is similar to the 304CZ. Looks like a great choice for what you're looking for...
I have the *.dwg of the panel if you ever need it and comparable to the shark...

Gary
ASW27b
(SQ)