Old November 20th 17, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Next glider, ownership costs question?

My feeling, fabric or aluminum repairs can be done in a number of places in almost any state in the US, composite repairs are more limited, thus more expensive. Same likely goes for the rest of the world.

Within a region, prices vary based on where you are. Major areas are likely more expensive labor.
Then you get into the finish, you want "OK" or "as good as new"?

So, where are you and what level of finish do you want? Sorta like painting a car, you can go and paint applied that looks good from 10' for not much but looks horrid up close.
I will "assume" the quality of the structure is fine in many places, the final finish can be more depending on what you want.