Old June 3rd 20, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ProfJ

Default Nano4 won't talk to PC

On Monday, 1 June 2020 17:50:02 UTC-6, ProfJ wrote:
HI Folks,

Failing to download files from a Nano4 - I have searched back through the forum and found some similar threads but no solution. When I connect my Nano4 to a PC, it turns on, but the PC doesn't see it (in some cases it recognizes there is a USB device attached, but can't see any file or folder structure). I have tried the following:

1. Resetting the Nano.
2. Attaching the Nano in both power on and power off state
3. Multiple different USB cables
4. Two different PCs and both Windows and Mac OS's.

I have also tried emailing files from the Nano to myself (presumably via the LXNav server) but it can't get access, although it connects happily to Wifi.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jon

OK, thanks to everybody who posted replies. I tried a couple more PC/OS combinations and then collected every USB cable in the house and started through them, got it to connect on the fifth one. In my professional opinion (as a person with a PhD in electronic engineering and a 30-year career designing electronics) this sucks. It's not that hard to build a robust USB interface.