Old April 28th 05, 11:15 PM
Jose

You obviously have never worked within the
Fire/Police/Rescue/Ambulance system. Just because the call taker is
asking these questions, does not mean that help is not already on the
way.

No, I have never worked in that system, or any rescue system for that
matter. Thanks for the info.

What I would have hoped to hear (sitting in my comfortable chair after
considering this on Usenet for a while) are suggestions to grab a
flashlight, or otherwise how to mark the area for search and rescue.
Granted there probably wasn't enough time, as the plane was already
filling with water...

I have read that one can survive being underwater for hours if the water
is cold enough. Perhaps he could have been saved even if things looked
bleak.

I wonder how high he was flying - mild hypoxia from being at 10,500 feet
crossing the lake (for maximum gliding range during the crossing) might
easily impair one's judgement at a critical time, including the time
leading up to the event, (perhaps preventing him from making appropriate
radio calls earlier)

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.