Old November 7th 07, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default $98 per barrel oil

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:Xns99E1B1773EDF3****upropeeh@
207.14.116.130:

Andy Hawkins wrote in
:

Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
No it isn't. I was there the other day and the most expensive I saw
was about Euro 1.35/litre. Brits seem to have it the worst in

Europe,
but then again it gives them somethig to blame their "guv'mint" for
so it's actually keeping them happy in the end.

We're currently paying about £0.94 a litre I think. According to
XE.com that's $1.98 or Euro 1.34

As you say, something like 75% of that goes straight to HMG in tax.

No, I didn't say that,. I said it gives you guys yet another excuse to
whine about how your govmint is abusing you.

And I resemble the implication that we like to complain

I know. I particularly love your national anthem.

"We wuz robbed we wuz robbed we wuz robbed"

Having aid that, credit where it's due. I didn't hear one single whine
about the Rugby!

I was absolutely flabbergasted I have to tell you.

Bertie