Old November 27th 10, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gldrgidr

Default Thermal Forcasting -Thermal index

If you are only interested in the first 1000', I suspect a soaring
forecast won't help very much. I'm guessing you want a lot sun and an
inversion at 1000' (or fly early, before the convection gets above
1000'), so there are plenty of thermals per square mile. Try this tool
for a forecast sounding that can show the lower level details:

http://rucsoundings.noaa.gov/

email me)

Great Info. Thanks to all who replied.

I'm actually flying hand launch (DLG) and a small 1.5 meter electric
powered glider.