Old May 14th 21, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Declared 750K in thermals, Eastern US

On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 3:19:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 3:33:51 PM UTC-4, Tango Eight wrote:
Two of us flew a declared 750K mission out of Post Mills VT yesterday and I am now wondering if this was a first in the Eastern US. Previous 750s I know of in Eastern US were all flown using extended ridge runs.

T8

Okay... Barry Jaeger and Dick Andrews straight out flight in the Arcus M last year (over flying a 750K goal),. and coincidently a 750K declared triangle yesterday. John Lubon and maybe Dan Reagan straight out to a goal from Ohio in 2013. Anyone else?

T8

Technically Barry and dick took off West of the mississippi. If that's how you're defining the east.