Old December 28th 14, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default Custom maps for GlidePlan

Perhaps it is as good a time as any to announce that I can support the creation of at least a limited number of custom maps for GlidePlan. These are maps that are made from overlapping portions of more than one sectional chart. I have already done a few examples, which can be downloaded at http://www.soaringdata.info/aviation...Format/custom/

You can request the creation of a custom GlidePlan map using the "Questions and Comments" link on my website at http://www.soaringdata.info. Each request should include the following information:

1. A name for the custom map
2. The intended use (contest site, XC Camp, personal, etc.)
3. The approximate center point in decimal degrees.
4. The height and the width of the custom chart, in nautical miles. The total area should be limited to less than 200,000 sq. miles.

Once I have entered the above information into my system, the custom map will be available on my site and automatically updated each time a component chart changes. I currently have resources to support about 20-30 of these, so priority will be given to contest and camp sites. You should allow several weeks from the time the map is requested to when it becomes available, although I can sometimes do them quickly.

Happy Downloading!

Lynn Alley
"2KA"