Old August 29th 04, 04:59 AM
Judy Ruprecht

At 01:48 29 August 2004, Stewart Kissel wrote:
http://www.abqsoaring.org/LONGXC_031025.pdf

This is what got me curious...according to Karl an
'Undeclared Remote Start' can be used for a 1000k attempt.
I assume this is considered a distance task...or perhaps
it is not? Not trying to be argumentitive here...just
confused

I believe Carl is mistaken. Any Start Point other than
release from tow (or Means of Propulsion stop) must
be declared for badge flights including FAI Diplomes.
Similarly, any Finish Point other than landing (or
Means of Propulsion engaged) must be declared for badge
flights including Diplomes.

FWIW, there are huge differences between 'legal' tasks
for Badges and Records. It is possible to fly a 2,000Km
Free O&R record (declared per Sporting Code 4.2.1,
excluding item e) and not earn Silver Distance!

Judy