Old June 2nd 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Default Power LEDs

Works and looks excellent.
Cheap.
Easy to get or build.

Pick any two. {;-)

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

" wrote in message
Jim,

I flew a Bonanza G-36 that the new owner had spent bazillions on. A
truly elegant
feature it had was some sort of strip of blue white LEDs under the
edge of the glare shield.

Overall effect was like the old 727s that had some flourescent lamp
under there.

So of course, I was wondering where one could find a few feet of
something similar
without paying what Beech paid for it!!

LEDs are the obvious solution for this one.

BIll Hale

On Jun 2, 9:06 am, "RST Engineering" wrote:
Much better, more light for the same current, LedEngin from Mouser. Less
expensive and the packaging is far superior. Coming up September issue, as
I recall.

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."
--Aristotle

wrote in message

JIm Weir,
I noted your article in the current issue of KP on LEDs.

I have purchased a small quanity of these. hard to find as they were

recalled - lens were coming off in production. 160 lm @ 1000ma
http://lumileds.com/pdfs/DS60.pdf
My plans are to create a Rudder TE light bar and strobe them.
Currently on the shelf with another project ahead of it.
Jim Heffelfinger
Sacramento- Hide quoted text -