Old February 25th 21, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default $1 billion BMS Ooops...

On 2/24/21 9:22 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Dave Nadler wrote on 2/24/2021 6:08 PM:
On 2/24/2021 8:55 PM, kinsell wrote:
On 2/24/21 4:13 PM, Dave Nadler wrote:
On 2/24/2021 4:51 PM, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 1:42:01 PM UTC-8,
wrote:
https://insideevs.com/news/490300/hy...ll-82000-bevs/

Discuss amongst yourselves...

Dave, it's time for you to stop complaining and just admit electric
is simple.

You're absolutely right Darryl!
After all, how hard could it be???

Simple and ultra reliable.Â* You gonna be dragging your old faithful
Antares down to the Seniors this year?

After it failed during the last two comps I took it to?
Drive for days, fly a few times, then drive for days home after it
breaks?
I don't think so...

Anyway, no vaccination yet so no travel in any case.

The Antares was a bold effort, perhaps too bold, and by now, it's an old
effort. No point in holding it up as an example anymore. Now, all the
manufacturers have electric gliders, and Solo has added electric systems
to their sailplane power business. Electric isn't the coming thing any
mo it's here. The next milestone will be passed when they start
selling more electrics than ICEs.

I see another Silent 2 just popped up on the market, that makes four
plus one recently sold. Garret suggests you might want to aerotow or
winch launch to conserve battery power. When I see these things with a
dozen hours on them up for sale, it suggests that the owners aren't that
thrilled with what they got for their money.