Old February 26th 21, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dgtarmichael

Default $1 billion BMS Ooops...

On Friday, February 26, 2021 at 3:42:33 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Went to the airport today. Wind was 40 degrees off at 27 gusting 33
kts. The gyro POH says 60 kmh is the max so I just helped my wife train
on her unicycle.

Dan
5J
On 2/26/21 9:58 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
Yes, and I've been laid up for the past week after a horrific spill. My
helmet and pads protected skin and skull, but not the ribs from a good
bruise. Now it hurts to laugh (really) and I'm impatiently waiting for
the pain to subside so I can mount up again. Pretty sure I can fly the
gyro without problems, but getting in and out of the thing will hurt...

Dan

On 2/25/21 3:38 PM, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 12:34:46 PM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
Oh that is so last decade. I've got an InMotion V11 instead, and the
bruises to prove it!

Dan
5J
On 2/25/21 10:32 AM, Tango Eight wrote:
Now, where did I leave my Segway...

Electric unicycle that's adventurous as one of us old folks.... oh
remembers Dan has a gyrocopter... :-)

I don't understand the electric bashing. It's still a new and developing technology. By comparison I've never heard of an ICE motorglider that didn't have its own set of problems. Carburetors that don't tune, no parts for certain models, some that occasionally start fire, many that don't start at all. They're so bad that we're warned to NEVER expect them to work for a relight. You have to have them out and running before the pure gliders are even getting serious about looking for the spot to land. I'm a purest by nature and budget, but I'd never count out the future of electrics in soaring.. Mr. Nadler hate on Lange all you want it was Schemp-Hirth that almost killed you.

Doug
W24