Old February 27th 21, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default $1 billion BMS Ooops...

Dave Nadler wrote on 2/26/2021 2:16 PM:
On 2/25/2021 11:02 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Dave Nadler wrote on 2/25/2021 5:07 PM:
On 2/24/2021 11:22 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
...Electric isn't the coming thing any mo it's here. The next milestone will be passed
when they start selling more electrics than ICEs.

Eric, you've been drinking the Cool-Aid.
As I did once.
You're bringing your new electric machine to the Seniors, right?
And I do mean THIS year...

...They won't make the same mistakes that Lange made.

Except they already have.
GP delivered and then undelivered to USA a good example.

Please note GP wasn't on my list of booths. I do expect the manufacturers that have been
building gliders for decades to have fewer stumbles, and I don't think it is an indictment of
the technology if a startup has problems delivering on time. It is always an extra risk to
order a glider that is not in production yet (also the case when I ordered my ASH26E), and even
riskier when it's a new manufacturer (GP, Lange), but for me, the GP15 is still a more
desirable glider than what the major manufacturers are offering.

So, I will repeat: Schleicher, Schmepp-Hirth, and Jonkers will not make the same mistakes Lange
made (perhaps I should add LAK and Pipistrel to the list).