Old March 4th 21, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Fadden

Default Sailplane Refinishing Advice - 1973 Berkshire Concept 70

I have an ASW 15 that was painted with PPG Concept many years ago before I bought it. Cracks and chips have formed on the tail section revealing the old finish. Pretty ugly. It appears that the gelcoat was simply painted over. There's nothing in the log books detailing the paint job. I don't have the money for a full refinish nor would it make financial sense. How feasible is it to repair - sand and repaint paint over gelcoat? Actually, the entire fuselage could use some TLC - trailer rash etc. The upper wing surfaces are pretty good. I freely admit his kind of work is beyond me and I don't have a place to do any prep work.

Also, I have a Pegasus. Both, while not currently listed anywhere, are available. I don't need two gliders.

Mike