Old October 8th 04, 12:06 AM
Paul Lee

I have an IVO magnum adjustable on my SQ2000 canard and am just
burning off the test hours. The prop is good on takeoff
and climb. So far I could not get more than about 200mph out of
the bird with a 220hp Franklin. It is supposed to cruise beyond 200.
I still have a number of adjustments to make to test for high speed,
EIS ignition timing, fill all the different fairings, etc. so cannot
say conclusively that the prop is a factor. But would be nice to
try it with a standard cruise prop. Anybody could loan me a 66x76
prop to try out?

SQ2000 canard: www.abri.com/sq2000

Dave S wrote in message link.net...
The following is information I am repeating, but have no first hand
experience with. I subscribe to several forums and lists that have
discussed this from time to time in the context of Canard aircraft and
auto conversion engines.

One person who was running a Mazda rotary/wankel conversion in an RV 4
had a speed penalty incurred by using the product. He had a benefit at
low speed with regards to performance, but broke even with a fixed pitch
cruise prop around 140-150mph (that was installed later) and he had a
signigicant penalty on the high end with the IVO top speed being about
187 mph and with the cruise prop getting him about 210-215 mph. Some of
this is from his website (www.rotaryaviation.com) and some of this is
from telephone conversations with him.