Old December 13th 07, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jackal24

Default Night currency question

john wrote in news:87b0c4c0-6c90-4d4f-b225-
:

My question was related to currency - 3 full stops in the previous 90
days.

I have heard of individuals joking about counting three bounce
landings during the day time as meeting their currency requirement,
however, I've never know anyone to actually put it in their log
books. The only general answer I have received is related to safety,
but no further explanation has been given.

Each landing has to involve "flight in the traffic pattern". Now if you
were a lawyer, you might argue the definition of "traffic pattern". Does
only an upwind and final count?