Old December 13th 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

Default Night currency question

Each landing has to involve "flight in the traffic pattern". Now if you
were a lawyer, you might argue the definition of "traffic pattern". Does
only an upwind and final count?

Reading 61.57 I see nothing about flight in the traffic pattern. Where is it required? If I make three night cross country trips, ending each one with a straight in approach and landing, that counts towards currency.

However, I do agree that three bounces does not.

Jose
--
You can choose whom to befriend, but you cannot choose whom to love.