Old August 11th 20, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Speed of a vario

On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 at 11:45:19 AM UTC-4, krasw wrote:
There is no right or wrong here. I have my inertial variometer tc is set to 1 sec, electrical to 5 sec, and mechanical somewhere between. They have all different settings, because way of measuring signal is profoundly different between instruments.

Interesting. There may be no right or wrong, but what's the best way to use the instruments when you set the three of them differently this way, in your opinion? i.e. how do you get good useful info out of them, so that they don't just add instrument confusion?