Old May 25th 21, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default Replacing aging club Grobs...best options?

On 5/25/2021 2:31 AM, Christoph Barniske wrote:

Our conclusion was, that if you consider a ship for anything else than basic training, the ASK21 is out of the game. ...

The ASK-21 (and other gliders of similar performance) can be flown XC
quite well. And perhaps learning to do that is better training than
jumping right into a glider that has higher performance than the first
single seater the student is likely to buy?

See what UH has done in XC mentoring in his ASK21.

I am writing this as somebody who flys XC in a "Russia" AC4 in the NE
US. Similar (or slightly lower) performance to the ASK-21.