Old March 28th 04, 10:31 PM
Orval Fairbairn

In article HQD9c.24815$w54.157056@attbi_s01,
"Aardvark G. Bandersnatch, CPE, RCA, IBM, LSMFT"
wrote:

wrote in message
When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!!
-
I think you must know what I'm talking about. Together, a heavy foreign

accent,
coupled with a lousy phone connection can only mean one thing... An

outsourced
operation, in a place like India, China, The Philippines, etc.; where some
greedy American corporation is saving a few pieces of Silver and

displacing
American workers in the process.
-
The best thing you can do is hang up... look for the companies' on-shore

counterpart
and complain! Tell them you're sick and tired of sub-standard services by

people
who speak English so poorly that you can hardly communicate... are most

often
poorly trained... have little accountability for the advice they give

you... often can't be
heard clearly because of a poor satellite phone connection... conveniently

block
their caller-ID... give themselves phony names like 'Tina' or 'Jimmy' (to

deceive you
into thinking they're local) and most often provide no avenue to escalate

an issue
to someone who can really help.
-
Corporations will only end this practice if they see they're losing their

customer
base as a consequence. Let's start doing our part by starting a

grass-roots
movement...
-
When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!

I agree! I get so tired to talking with people from California.

When I answer the phone an nobody responds to the third "Hello," I hang
up!