Old June 27th 04, 08:46 PM
Richard Lamb

Some updated sketches on the BK 1.?/L-1.?
(names changed to protect the innocent)

Some changes were dictated by a more realistic wieght and balance.

Since this version is being developed for Bruce, we'll stick with his
designation.

Personally. I like the long snout version, and am reserving the L-One
name for that one. Eventually I'll get the file names changed. Until
then, just deal with it...

L-One?
With the pilot's feet aft of the rear spar, there would be room for
a huge fuel capacity - right on the center of lift. Little or no
fuel trim changes. Call it six to eight hours endurance?
Depends a lot on what the Mighty V-Dub can lift on a relatively
small wing.

And! include the relief tube as an integral part of the design.

Imagine (if you will) a small backwards facing funnel extension
on the aft end of one of the wheel pants to supply a small low pressure
area (to help evacuate the tube). Light, simple, and damned important!

But that would be a completely different plane from what Bruce asked
for.

So...

http://home.earthlink.net/~n6228l/l-one.htm