Old September 17th 03, 05:50 PM
Joseph Brown

Default FS98 airport textures in FS2004

Recently I added an airport file (airport123.bgl) in theFS2004 /scenery
directory. This airport bgl file was created for FS98.

The airport now appears; all the runways, taxiways, airport buildings and
tower are there and visible from a distance. The problem is that the
airport contour is ALL WHITE! As if somebody spilled milk all over the
airport. The white mass doesn't affect the runway, taxiway, buildings and
towers.

What I did notice, when I land on the said airport, FS2004 will generate a
good textures (instead of white). But this only happens on the ground and in
close range. 300ft)

Is there a way to have FS2004 generate a pleasent green on generic texture
in and around this airport, instead of displaying a white mass?

If not, is it safe to also import FS98 textures into FS2004? And how do I
know which textures this particular bgl file requires? I would prefer to
have FS2004 generate auto textures tho.

Thanks in advance