Old September 20th 03, 01:18 PM
Thomas Peel

Tom Gibson schrieb:

I haven't tested this, but some are saying that FS2004 will not display
the old texture format (they were called R8's). If so, perhaps the
textures supplied are in that format. You might be able to convert them
to BMP files using one of the texture converters available at the large
file sites?

Yes, but would the .bgl scenery files reference them correctly?
To find out exactly which textures the OP needs, he could get hold of a
hex file editor (I use FED for example) and scan through the .bgl files
looking for filenames ending like R8, OAV etc.
I didn't know FS2004 didn't handle old texture files. Sounds like
another reason not to buy it.

Tom

Hope this helps,

Joseph Brown wrote:
Check the documentation of your add-on to know which textures you
added in FS98 and must be ported over to FS2004...

The documentation doesn't offer much of help since this file is part of an
entire scenery area.

If I won't find a way for FS2004 to generate generic textures within this
airport perimeter, what I'll end up doing, is probably copy the all FS98
texture files into the FS2004 texture directory and cross my fingers for any
conflicts or incompatibility issues.

--
Tom Gibson

California Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/