Old February 16th 05, 03:26 AM
roberth

LCT Paintball wrote:
I've been lurking
I've wanted to learn how to fly since before I could drive.

Unfortunately,
I've never had enough extra money laying around to get me into the

air. I
understand the air of flying, but I don't believe in it. All it

really takes
to fly is lots and lots of money.

Cessna 150 for rent within 30 minutes of me

I have just read my life story. Finally got my license two years ago.
Now there are two kinds of days: I'm flying or I'm thinking about
flying.
Started out in a 150 (rented) Found a 150 that needed some love,
bought it, sold it, found a partnership in an older 172 that also
needed some love, am now buying out my partners one by one. One
partner called me and said he wanted to sell his share and quoted me a
very good price. Seems that he had noticed who had been doing all the
washing and waxing and worrying about oil consumption and like that.
The price was was very good (for me). Keep going, being a student
pilot is one of the great things in the world to be. You can ask any
question and get a good answer (hint: listen to the answers, free
knowledge is good). Get to know the mechanics where you fly (doughnuts
help) and listen to them (hard). there are boneheads in General
Aviation but damn few of them, most people are very nice and willing to
talk to you and explain things and take student pilots for rides to
show them their airplanes. If you were around here we would be
figuring out a time and date that we could go up together. It gives me
a warm fuzzy to take someone up for a ride who really enjoys it.

ENJOY

robert