Old September 23rd 07, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Airline VP Named COO of FAA ATC: Fox In Henhouse?

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 06:28:59 -0400, Bob Noel
wrote in
:

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

Does anyone else see a potential conflict of interest here?

I have to believe that he will no longer be a UAL captain when
he starts his job as COO. So, no, his current job doesn't present
a conflict of interest.

I wasn't referring to a scheduling conflict. I'm wondering if his ATC
decisions will favor major airline interests over regionals and GA. It
would be interesting to know just how much authority his new FAA
position gives him in establishing policy and regulation changes.

Let us hope he understands all aspects of GA operations throughout
the country instead of being a mindless zombie who thinks that
all flying is hub/spoke.

Doubtful, IMO. And even if he does understand them, will he respect
them given his major airline affiliation?